Life’s Soundtrack

Alexis - columbus, Ohio

I believe my life has its own soundtrack. I listen to music all the time. I hear it on the way to school and on the way home. I hear it just about everywhere I go. There is always something to listen to. There is always a tune for the mood. Music gives me a sense of freedom and expression. It allows me to go back to my past. Bad days can be eased by music. Music also gives me inspiration for the future.

My past can play over and over again though a song. I can go back to my favorite memories as I please. I still like to listen to what my father listened to while he played his guitar or what I danced to as a child. I also enjoy listening to what my mother sand to as she cleaned the house. The music brings me a sense of comfort, the kind I felt as a child. The music along with the memories makes everything clearer.

The music I listen to each day is an expression of my personality and emotions. Music is like therapy to me. It can change my whole day. It can be relaxing or boosting. It has the power to make me dance or cry. I have the ability to feel however I would like to, whenever I would like to, through music.

If I am having a bad day, I can always turn to music. The songs I listen to can calm me. Music can be my sunshine on a rainy day. It makes me want to move on and try new things. Some songs are like vitamins and some are like medicine. The vitamins give me strength and medicine makes me feel better. It can give me the ability to look forward. When I’m feeling down or weak, I run to music. I run to music. I can always get the little push I need through music because it can be so inspiration. Some songs seem like they were written just for me. It’s usually the lyrics I relate to, but sometimes, I don’t even know the words. Sometimes it’s just the sound. It’s like the beat of my heart. Past or future, music is always there to guide the way.

The music that takes me to my past and future is on the soundtrack of my life. The songs that make a bad day okay can always be added to my tack list. The space and comfort I need can come through the music. It’s like communicating with my feelings. I can’t speak to them, but I can relate to them. The music I express myself through is that of my history and life I lead. I get a sense of pride through the music that I believe represents me.

My soundtrack is an expression and interpretation of my life. It is my very own creation. Everything I listen to represents me in one way or another. I take pride in every song I call a favorite because it represents me in one way or another. Someone could probably get a good idea, just by listening to my music collection. I see life as a movie. My soundtrack is everything I want it to be. It gives me the power to express myself. My reaction to any situation can be expressed through music and I think that makes music very powerful. I believe the best way to show who I am, is through my music. My past, future, motivation, and inspiration, make the soundtrack of my life.