John - Austin, Texas

My Dream

Music is something that people of different cultures and backgrounds in the world can all relate to no matter their differences. They all expierence the same emotions and thoughts in different genres’ of music. It can be where most people find themselves and others from the same common grounds.

Music has been a part of my life for the past 11 years. At the age of 10, I started playing the violin and reading music. It wasn’t until 6 years later that I started writing songs and also recording my own music. I had started to develope my music talent into a future career by investing my after school job money into a home recording studio. Creating music gives me different feelings and the emotions that build up inside me becomes apart of the music I am creating. Whenever a music piece is completed, I normally have others listen to the piece in order to get good results and excellent feedback. You need various things to do this art such as; you have to be patient, work at a good pace, spend many dedicated hours practicing, and you have to think outside of the box. I have learned many things on my own, for example; how to write songs, how to compose and record music. Although I still need to work on writting a whole song, stay on topic, and catching the audience or listeners attention. I would also need to work on the sound on the music I am creating by tweaking the music more to sound clear, and professional with great lyrics.

Currently I am attending Austin Community College, in order to work toward my Bachelors Degree in Business Management, and a minor in accounting, which will help me in establishing my music production business. I also plan to attend Media Tech Institute to study Music Production, which will show me how to do everthing inside the music studio. By achieving degrees in both areas it will help me be ahead of the competition since I will know both sides of the music business. I am slowly creating my record label, which I named, “Texas Style Productions”. I’ve completed a website to help promote my music an information about myself. I have also set up an email address for people to contact me for inquires and rates for my music. I plan to get a “dba” which stands for, ” doing business as”, and means that I will have my record label an composed music copywritten.

There are three different types of music genres’ that I mostly create. The first genre is well known across the world as “Hip Hop”. The second genre is a slower tempo than Hip Hop, which is known as “R&B”. The last genre is one that has become popular over the years with its fast pace music that you can’t resist but move your body to, which is “Reggaton”. I like to mix the three genres’ together for example; A Reggaton song mixed in with some Hip Hop or R&B. By doing this it can play on more than one radio station.

Lastly I would have to say I have come a long way with music because of the improvements and the feedback responses that I have recieved. However, I know that their is so much more information that I can learn and make progress in, in order to reach my goals, my dreams, and my full potential in the music industry.