guardians waching us

shawn - sugarland, Texas

Guardians Watching Us

I remember when I was little I used to watch a lot of fiction movies and believed almost everything I watched. I would do all sorts of mischief at such a young age, and my mother always told me to behave because there is always someone watching you. I was too small to even understand the meaning of what she said and always thought that it was impossible and I never paid attention. As I got older I started realizing different things that mattered. My grandpa came from India and started living with us. He came here because he was very sick. One day when my parents went to work, me and my grandpa were all alone. He said he was feeling very sick so he went to go sleep. After a couple of hours he started coughing a lot and he seemed very ill. I got scared and didn’t know what to do. I tried to help him but I was just a kid and I would just make it worse. Luckily for us one of my uncles came to visit us. He took my grandpa to the hospital and the doctors treated him. My parents came from work when they heard about what happened and we were all scared. Hours passed while all of us waited, and then doctor finally came. The doctor said he would be fine and just needs to rest. I was so happy when I heard about that how he is going to be ok. Ever since then I thought there was someone watching us because if my uncle hadn’t came at that time when my grandpa was sick we wont know what would happen to my grandpa. Some people say there are no such things as angels or guardians but other people disagree. There was another incident that happened to me. As I grew older I started disobeying my parents and would do all sorts of weird things. Most of the time I knew what I was doing but I was shrinking as a person under peer pressure. I was hanging out with bad people and my parents didn’t like it. They tried to talk to me but I would just argue with them and start fighting. One day our church had a retreat and my parents made me go. I didn’t want to go but I had no choice. The preacher was telling stories about him how he found god and learned to be a better person. He made us do group work and told us about all the different things that was chaotic. As he kept preaching to us I felt that an angel touched me. The retreat changed the way I live life today. I am a changed person and me and my parents are closer than before. There are many incidents where my family could be harmed, but our life’s been great. It seemed like there was someone always protecting us. People say there is no such thing as angels and says its just a fake. But I have to say I do believe in angels and they are always watching us and will forever protect us.