Economically Enviromental

Syed - Levittown, New York
Themes: environment

These days when the global financial market melt-down and stock market statistical tickers have replaced the glacier melt-down and other emerging threats by global warming; it gives the me the reason to believe nto plata no progress. Whether its the building theoratical democracies or deffering the finances for feeding the hungry or for research of new venues for alternative energy.

Well, it was good to be the part of the hype that came with the rise of the oil prices and now seems gloomed by the drastic downfall of not only the oil prices rather the entire market.

From the eco-totes to the 30% more recycled paper for Starbucks coffee to also more lighter plastic use for the Poland Spring water bottles the world for almost a good part of an year started to understand and investfully focus towards the environmental consiousness. For a moment I started giving second thoughts to keep the recyclables separate from the other stuff which was doomed to become zeal of a dump. The family drove less and frequented fewer unnessary trips to finish the unlimited errands. But the higher oil prices cut the chores all together.

Now it seems the fall of the markets to the bottom of all bottoms and still an out-cry from the analysts that, “its not begining of the end rather the end of the begining.” So now I don’t know if all the reflections of the depressionary economics of 1930’s in which we got out of it by spending, bulding and wars.

So, I believe now we are in this for a long haul in which the urgency to solve crisis in Africa, Asia or other emerging threats atrocities will be overlooked and more stark or maybe long-term wraths of nature such as global warming will be cornered off to stake off the downward spiral of the consumer confidence. So, For this I believe we shall now wait for more rigidly availabe government liquidity being injected into their stocks and our stimulus either to raise us out of this peril or drown us. Or unfortunately we should wait for another WWII type III which might help thinkers, inventors and investors collaborate to generate capital and then to give it to those who might then be able to say how the time of action of environmentally sane policy had been long gone due the economics of the world and now we shall brace ourselves for the ultimate melt-down of the entire system (EARTH).