Take no life for Granted

Tselane` - Missouri City, Texas
Themes: death

On August 24, approximately two years ago, my grandmother died of cancer. She never told anyone that she was sick so no one saw her death coming. That was a very depressing and regretful time for me. My grandmother was perfect in my eyes and she always knew the right things to say. I loved my grandmother with all my heart but I did not always show it. I never spent as much time with her as I should have, and I some times took her wisdom for granted. When she died, the hardest thing I had to deal with was the fact that I did not take advantage of all the things she could have imparted in my life. That experience taught me not to take a persons life for granted, therefore, I believe that you should spend time with your loved ones so you can gain their wisdom and express your love.

You never know when a person’s life will end so you should always appreciate the time that you have to spend with them. People often take other lives for granted and say, “Oh I don’t have to spend time with them now I’ll spend time with them later.” What we do not understand is that life is short and we do not always know when death will come. There was so much that I missed because I had that same attitude about a person’s life. I thought that I would always have my granny to guide me in the right direction later in life, but I was sadly mistaken. She is gone now and everyday I long for her love and wisdom and I sometimes feel incomplete without her.

I have learned many things since that horrific night my granny died. I learned that you have to live and love like there is no tomorrow, and you cannot take someone’s life for granted. I had to realize that tomorrow was not promised, and learn to appreciate my love ones life now and not take the unknown lightly.