I Believe in Guardian Angels

Alicia - Fort Worth, Texas

I believe in guardian angels who are spiritual beings visiting earth to help aid the loved ones they once left behind. I believe that they come to intercept during different parts of our lifetime and help smooth over the rough parts of our lives. Sometime they inspire a thought that throws us into action, or at times give us strength to get through a painful situation or save us from a horrible incident because it was not our time to go. As humans, we often call these occasions luck, coincidence or even miracles and rarely notice the light behind it which is our guardian angel. These angels watch over us day and night leading us in the right direction, however giving us the room to make our own decisions, while keeping us safe. They are there when our world feels dark and give us comfort when we feel alone.

When I was twelve years old I lost my grandfather to a five year battle with cancer. He was the pillar of our family using strength and love to comfort and protect us. He was intelligent and always encouraged my brother and me to try our hardest in school and would always be there to help us with our homework. He was my role model because he valued family, honored his marriage and loved his wife from the bottom of his heart, and lead with integrity and compassion. My grandfather loved to help others and had many friends, but what mattered most to him was his family. He was proud of all of us and the love he had was everlasting.

The strong love he had for his family did not disappear because of death, it got stronger. He is with all of us everyday and cloaks us with his everlasting affection by keeping us safe and leading us in the right direction. When we are saddened, he comforts us and when we feel alone he sits next to us and consoles us. The bible states that God shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee and they shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone (Psalms 91:11,12). I believe in guardian angels and I believe that my grandfather watches over me keeping me safe and loving me beyond the grave.