Sean - Missouri City, Texas

Ever since high school started, grades were one of the most important obstacles to over come. Grades determine a person’s ranking in high school and what college he or she can get into. Many people believed that high school is a stepping-stone that sets the foundation of a person’s future and that if a person does not do well, they would not be able to do well in life.

I have made decent grades throughout high school. They are neither low nor high, they are above average. Many people would have cried when they get above average grades but I do not. I have found out that grades do not always bring a person success in life.

I believe that happiness can bring success in life. When I take a major-grade test, I would usually stress over and over about the test and believe that it is going to be hard. When the test grade came out, the grade was not as suspected. After I had come home from school, I would not tell my parents about the grade. After my parents had found out about my grades they would not yell or scream about it. Compared to some of my friends, their parents would get mad if they made one lousy grade. My parents would say, “You did a great job.” I was shocked at their response. I knew there was something that they knew that I did not know. When I asked them why they would not get mad, responded by saying that there is more than one way to be successful. They then talked about all the different ways to be successful. After all of the explanations, I summed up that happiness could guide a person to success.

Happiness has taught me not to falter when I cannot find a way to solve my problem. I learned my problems would be solved if I would not think about the negative part and just concentrate in the positive part. Happiness has guided my life very well and I believe that it can help me in the future.

Whenever I am happy, everything seems to be going the way I desire. The reason is that when I am in the happy mode, every negative thought is disposed of and is not reminded. If I am in the happy mode I can do many things efficiently and rarely falter. If for some reason I falter, I would just believe that I could overcome this situation because life does not end with one mistake and that there are other obstacles in life.