I believe that life is short and that one should make the most out of it.

Braden - springdale, Arkansas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that life is short and that one should make the most out of it. One is never promised the next day. Ones life could end just in the blink of an eye. If one lives a sinful life and think that in a few years, right before one dies, that one will get baptized and go to Heaven. News flash, it doesn’t work that way. You might die right as you’re reading this or as soon as you go to sleep tonight. If one lives a life where you live doing whatever one wants then one will not go to Heaven.

One time I was hiking with some friends. It was a big forest, not one of those “five trees and your out on the other side” forest but one of those “walk a mile and you’ll be a forth of the way there” types of forests. Anyway, I and my friends had been hiking and it started to rain. We started heading back, but we had lost our way back. While looking for our path, we heard some leaves crunching. I was a little nervous, but my friend said it was just the rain falling on the leaves so I just ignored it. As soon as we started walking, I heard the sound again, and it was closer. This time I just kept walking. Suddenly I just turned around in time to see a creature jump behind the bushes. We turned back around and started running. The thing which had realized that we knew it was there started chasing us. We had not known what it was, but we figure it was a wolf, since we heard wolfs howling about a mile away. While running, my shoe must have caught on to a branch or something, but I tripped and landed on my back. I was scared to death. Not only was I lost in the woods far away from help, but a wolf was two feet away from me and getting closer. I grabbed a stick to defend myself with, but when I looked up I saw my friend’s dog. I felt a variety of feelings; relief, shock, and many more feelings.

The point of that is that I could have died right then. If I had died then I would have had lived a short life.

That is what I believe; that life is short and that you should make the most out of it.

Try to make the most of your life.