LIFE and DEATH

James - springdale, Arkansas
Themes: death

It happened when I was a little boy. I remember it like it was yesterday. He died. I was just a little boy when the merciful Lord took him. Roger; his grave stone read. I believe that life and death have a somewhat balance between the two.

My friend once told me that life and death are balanced on a knife blade. I strongly agree with that. My life is balanced on a very thin blade. The things I do make that blade very thin. Once I turned ten I realized this philosophy in a way that I didn’t like. As I said, my favorite uncle died. The whole family was in shock. Why did he have to go? That’s when I started to love the life I had in memory of him.

“See you next time James. We’ll have lots of fun. I promise.” These were the last words he said to me before we left not knowing he would be emitted to the hospital later the next day and die there. WHY!? Why didn’t we get to know? The question has haunted me ever since. A few years later, I almost died at the age of twelve. I was jumping on a trampoline with a bunch of my friends when I bit through my lip about an inch in a half. They got me of and I then passed out. I woke up maybe forty-five minutes later with an ice pack and my dad fanning me. I moved on accident and knocked the icepack off. Blood went pouring down my chin through the bandages. I shut my eyes and I remember seeing something bright and feeling very cold on a hot and cloudy day. Then I remember my mom’s sobs waking me up again. At that point I realized that life is too short to live in the past death. Too many people are dying to be doing that. As I said, I believe in the balance of life and death. I don’t care about dying because I don’t fear death. In doing that, it has helped me to understand the balance between life and death better now. I understand that this is deep, but it is what I believe in. That is the main reason why I wrote this essay. I hope you have a good day and I hope you understand this essay. This I believe, life and death are balanced.