i believe thats sports keep people out of trouble and off the streets

Nicholas - springdale, Arkansas
Themes: sports

I believe…that sports keep people off the streets and out of trouble. Sports also teach discipline, keep you in shape, and keep you from being bored.

Sports keep you busy so you won’t get into trouble. There is no time for thinking about getting into trouble. With every day practices and weekly games, sports keep you busy. Along with the schedule of practices and games, there is school and homework. After all of that, there is little time left over to waste. You have no free time on your hands when you are in sports so you aren’t likely to go around getting into any kind of trouble.

Next, you don’t want to get kicked off of the team, so you have another reason to stay out of trouble. You have to think about your actions and the consequences it will cause. At one game, some kids got into a fight and the entire team had to run extra in practice. We were so tired and the kids who were fighting probably felt guilty for the entire team having to run. Sports make you accountable and keep you thinking that you need to make good choices.

I have a brother that plays football for the University of Wisconsin. For him to get there it takes a lot of hard work and determination. Sports taught him to be disciplined. Practices are long and hard. You have to be focused and learn the plays. You have to be respectful to teammates and to the coaches. There is a lot of discipline involved. There were many times, He probably would have wanted to skip practice, but it was not tolerated by the coach. Also, you have to push yourself. At the beginning of the season he wanted quit football, but he kept pushing on and now is achieving things he couldn’t imagine he would have at the beginning of the season. Even if you are in pain, you can’t quit. The more you push yourself the stronger you get. The stronger you get, the more in shape you are and the more better you feel.

There is no time to sit at home and be bored. Even if you are at home, you can go outside and practice your sport. Practice makes perfect as all coaches say. If you are a sports person, then probably your friends are in sports. You can always get a game of basketball together or practice some football plays. If you are interested in sports, you are less likely to sit on the couch and play video games or watch TV.

Therefore, I believe sports are good for people. Sports keep you out of trouble, keep you busy, and keep you disciplined and strong.