Jacob - Springdale, Arkansas

I believe that you should take nothing for granted. I believe that because you never know how much you need something or someone until they or its gone.

Something that happened to me that made me believe this was that my dog more than likely has cancer. I took everyday before that for granted not hardly ever playing with her or showing her affection. Now I understand that you should cherish everyday that God has given to you.

Another thing that made me believe this didn’t even happen to me. It happened to my best friend Tyler. About two years ago Tyler’s mom got very sick and was on the borderline of dieing. She got a type of disease where polyps form in your stomach and burst. The polyps bursting cause you to vomit blood. She had to get blood fusions almost every week. That made me think of what would happen if my mom passed away. I couldn’t imagine living without my mother. She is what keeps our family together. So I take everyday with my mother as a gift that God has given me.

Another thing that almost all of us take for granted is our homes. I realized that some people, like the people of hurricane Katrina, don’t have homes anymore. From now on I’m thankful that I was blessed with a home and it wasn’t taken away or destroyed.

I also have noticed that I was blessed with a lot of things that other kids don’t have. My dad use to tell me this all the time but now I’ve matured and notice that I do and now I’m thankful for the things I have and don’t take them for granted.

These are only some of the few reasons that I believe we should take

nothing for granted.