Sports Teaching You

Joshua - Springdale, Arkansas
Themes: sports

I Believe…..

Playing sports teaches you many things you use in life. Last year I was in 7th

Grade, and had insulting grades. I loved to play all kinds of different sports. I played football from the time I was 5 years old.

As I played in many levels of football I learned many things from my coaches, my teammates, and from the sport itself. I learned determination, sportsmanship, how to compete, and especially the love of the game. All these lessons have helped me in 8th grade as I still play football. I learned determination from my first year of “pee-wee” football.

My coach told us to run after the guy he yelled out, and after a while I got really tired and I stopped. The coach told me to get back up and run it again so I got up. He told me to try again and try again at everything I do. So I listened to him and did that for the rest of the practices.

I learned sportsmanship when I had my first lost ever in organized football I congratulated the other team, but inside I knew I never wanted them to win the game, but my coach said I had to keep my head up high and work for the next game. I learned how to compete when we had races against each other in practice one day. I wanted to beat everyone on the team so bad at the end of the day I had not been beaten once.

Last, but not least I learned love for the game. I loved the game from my coach who taught me the love of the game from his point of view. I believe that playing sports helps you in life.