Faith in God

Victor - Springdale, Arkansas

I believe you can’t trust anyone except for god. There is a reason for this and it was a miracle. Thank the lord!

I was nine years old and I lived in Texas. I was in the house with my mom and brothers. My mom was watching the news because she thought she was seeing a tornado form in the sky. The rain was pounding really hard as if marbles were falling from the sky. My dad was at work and he called my mom to tell her that there was going to be a tornado. My mom grabbed us and put my three brothers, I, and her in the restroom were we would be safe. I knew what was happing. We were in the area of a touchdown form a tornado. When we were all in there I noticed a window but, to small to do any serious damage to someone. My mom was crying knowing we might die.

At this point I was starting to freak out! I couldn’t believe I would only be alive for another few minutes. My mom told us to pray to god to save us from this twister. We couldn’t trust anyone except for god to save us. No one could come out of nowhere and take us somewhere safe. I personally knew If I had some faith god would prevent us from dieing. I prayed to god and trusted him with all heart to stop the tornado. I looked through the window and the tornado was less than a mile away. My family thought our time had come, but I knew somehow god would save us. He loved us because we loved him and he protected us in return. When it looked like it was over for us the tornado ascended back up to the clouds and disappeared. I thanked god for saving us.

Ever since that day I learned not to trust anyone except for god. No one else could have saved us except for him. I also learned not to worry about my life. I like to have a lot of faith now and always trust the lord.