Careful you might have a wreck

Kyle - USA
Themes: setbacks

This story is about me, and my bike. You need to be careful when you are going fast, if you are not you will end up like me and have a big scar. My scar is on my elbow it is a big scar. Also there is a scar on my right wrist, it is smaller.

Well this is my story, it was August 2008 summer break. I was at my grandparent’s house, it was so boring so I decided to ride my bike and I rode it up and down the street for about an hour. So I went faster and faster on my bike and I hit the wrong part of the curb, and at that moment I realized it was about to get bad. At that moment every thing went in slow motion.

I remember my feet slipping off the pedals then all I really saw was asphalt. When I got up and realized what had happened. First I saw that the handlebars were wobbling. Then my feet fell off of the pedals. Then I went down on my left side and cut up my arm and then my body came off the bike.

I also cut my right arm. I was really shaken up after the wreck. So I got up off of the street. I was dripping blood on the street, so I looked at my bike and it was pretty banged up, it was ok to push back though.

I got home and I was pretty shaken, I looked for my grandma. I found her and for my left arm she gave me a really big band-aid and for my right it was a regular band-aid. That’s what happens when you go to fast on a bike.