Nick - Glendale, Arizona

Money

My passion is money. Money is not the root of all evil. Money is the tool that if used properly will help me achieve my dreams. To many other people the money game is corrupt. They view money as material items such as clothes, cars, and houses. They see money as a power over other people producing bribes and blackmail and a plain sense of being better than everyone else. Others do not put any value on it and will waste their money on pointless things for no good reason. Money is something that needs to be handled in a smart manner and I believe the way I handle my money will determine my future.

I love money, and I always have since I was a little kid. I was raised on the values of spending my money wisely. I remember one time I was probably 10 years old, and I wouldn’t spend 50 cents on a piece of candy. Even though the pressure was on by all the other kids, who without thinking threw that money away, I kept that money in my pocket and one day turned that 50 cents into a dollar. Many people don’t realize that all those pennies they throw on the ground add up. I know my grandparents have been saving their change for many years and then passed it on to my parents to add to the collection. All that change saved up over the years paid for my whole family to go on vacation for the weekend.

As I’ve grown older I am still very stingy with my money, but when it comes to something I really want to own or do, I go all out. For example, I have wanted a dirt bike for a long time and then one day I decided I was going to buy one. I did my research, learned the pros and cons of each bike, compared a group of bikes, and decided on a price range of which I would pay for select bikes. In three days I found what I wanted and brought home a dirt bike. I might be stingy with my money, but I’m not afraid to spend it. I just hate spending money on things that I don’t need. I spend my money very wisely and I am careful about where I spend my money.

I believe there are three categories that determine where money is spent, and it these are wants, needs, and responsibilities. Many people I know will spend money on their wants before their needs and responsibilities. In some cases, it’s ok to spend money on my wants before my needs, such as skipping dinner to go see a concert. I need to eat, but instead of spending my money on food I would rather go see a concert. When it comes to spending money on my wants before my responsibilities, however, I don’t think there is ever a time when it is acceptable. An example, spending all my money on new clothes and not having enough money to pay the rent on the house I’m living in. My responsibilities need to be taken care of before anything else.

I also have a drive to be successful, so I guess I am somewhat of an entrepreneur. I am always looking for new ways to make money. Sometimes I buy something cheap and flip it for a profit to make fast money, or my most recent adventure was starting my own home based business which will hopefully bring me a, slow coming, high dollar residual income. Another hobby of mine is working on cars and doing custom work on them. It is something I really love and enjoy doing and is also another way I make money. My entrepreneurial spirit motivates me to one day combine my passions and open my own automotive customizing shop. I have dreams like every one else and it’s just a matter of time until I get enough money to acquire my dreams.