This I Believe Essay….

Trina - Springdale, Arkansas

I believe that “There Is One Special Person for Everyone.”

The one and only person who inspired me the most would be my loving grandma, Adeline. During my childhood days she was always there for me when I was hurt or meek. As I grew older I hardly ever got to see her. But, now that I’m older, I still remember the inspiration my grandma had given when I was younger.

My grandma had been married to an amazing man, which is my grandpa, Joseph. They’ve been married for thirty-seven years. My grandma has told me many fascinating facts about their relationship.

It all started back in their days, when my grandma saw my grandpa for the first time. All she could say was, “love at first sight!” His glooming eyes always made her have a bright smile. His smile made her daydream about him.

The way she described her feelings about him made me really think about how I would be in the years onward. With all the descriptions, it just made me feel good and proud in many ways. She said, “It felt like heaven!”

It may sound funny, but truly it made a big difference for my grandma and me. Now that she got what she had wanted, they’ve been living happily for thirty-seven years.

My grandma says that, “dating can mean a lot of things in many ways.” But, the way she considered dating is that, “So that you can get to know each other.” This is a way you can communicate very well with others.

There was this one day that I had wanted to ask my grandma something that was really excruciating. I asked her, “Who was the person that was special to her?” She replied, “My honest and graceful husband!”

When I heard her say this, my heart glided with her pure words. It was very touching for someone like me to hear. My grandma is an amazing woman. Every time she talks to me about the future, I always think about her questions. “Are things going to be different?” “Will I have a good education?” or “What is there going to be left for me and my family?” Thinking about all these made a difference in my grandma, so when I think about it, I wonder if there’s a chance out there for me.

That’s why I believe that there is someone special for everyone. For me, it’s my graceful grandma, Adeline.