I Believe Step Moms Are Miacles

Darianna - springdale, Arkansas

I Believe

I believe that “step moms are miracles.” The person who inspired me to write this essay is my step mom, Jennifer. I lost my mom at the age three. My dad did drugs. The first time I every met my step mom was at preschool. I didn’t know she would become my step mom till about two to three years later. When she became my step mom I didn’t really approve of the idea. She has lived with me since I was about four I am thirteen now she has loved me with all her heart. I know that there are times when she would love to just strangle me. I mean who wouldn’t want to do that to there teen? Whenever I need something she gets it for me. She took care of me more than my dad did. She is like my biological mother. I often wonder if my biological mother was here. Would I be the way I am? For choir I needed my dress by Tuesday October fourteenth. I procrastinated until the Friday before. She called Miss Dot the lady who hemmed my dress. She came and picked me and my sister up during lunch. She took us to Miss Dot’s house, she hemmed it, and then my mom-(step mom) took us back to school. After they where ready she went and picked them up. She took my sisters and I to any place we needed to be take or wanted to go. All the while taking care of my family she also kept us going to church. I believe that if she wouldn’t have entered into my life I would not have a mom. I could have had a mom who hated me. That mom could have treated me like I never existed. If it wasn’t for her I probably would have been fought over by my grandparents. If it wasn’t for her I would be living with one of them. If it wasn’t for her I probably wouldn’t be writing this essay. If it wasn’t for her I would not be living in Arkansas. I believe “step moms are miracles.”