Success: The Light at the End of the Epic Failure

Nick - Morrison, Colorado
Themes: fear, setbacks

The fear of failing; this is one of the biggest setbacks for many Americans. Today’s society focuses on avoiding failure at all costs. As a result, many people avoid trying new things because they are afraid of public or personal failure. I believe failure is essential to succeed. You can learn more from failure than you can from initial success.

Anthony J. D’Angelo once said “ In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time.” Failure is the key to learning the correct way to succeed. Without this information, we would all be wandering around in the dark without a flashlight.

Not many people succeed the first time they try something new. Usually you have to fail at it first in order to achieve success. It’s not their fault that they fail; its human nature to make mistakes. Failure isn’t necessarily a mistake, but we make mistakes so that we can learn from them. Learning from mistakes is one of the hardest parts of life. You have to accept the fact that you failed in order to get past it, move on, and start over.

As you go through life and you come across a failure, don’t just push it aside. Accept the fact that you are human and can’t always do everything right, benefit from you failure, and continue walking toward the light at the end of the tunnel, your path to success.