Why It Rains>

Sean - Missouri City, Texas
Themes: nature

Why it rains

As I stood in my garage rain started to poor down I began to think about how much I love the feeling of the cool rain drops gently hitting my face and the tranquil and serene affect that rain makes.

I began to think about what rain really is. Is it just a small part of a never-ending cycle that the world uses in order to replenish its water supply? No, it must be more than just a simple matter of supply and demand. I believe that rain is more than water; it is a tool that God uses to cleanse the earth and purify some of the damages that humans are constantly causing to it. Many fires, the spread of toxins, and other pollutions bring about deadly damage that is created by the imperfect human nature. Therefore when there is a flood or storm I choose to believe that the rain that came created to help repair the damage that was cause, but there is more. If rain can affect the Earth in such a strong way, it must be able to affect the inhabitants of the world. Those inhabitants are you and I. So what affect does rain have on us; does it cleanse us like it does the earth? Most people believe that rain does more damage to humans than it does to help us, but I choose to believe that the rain gives humans humility and hope. The deadly affects of the rain may harm us, but they also remind us that there is something out there that is greater than us. The hope is brought about because the rain gives us a new start.

After the rain from Hurricane Katrina was gone everyone witnessed the devastation that it brought as we saw a broken and destroyed New Orleans. What most of the recipients of the Hurricane did not see was the Hope they had gained. I believe that though some people lost a good deal of wealth and worldly items what they gained was so much greater. They gained hope; hope which brought them a second chance. They gained a chance to restart their lives in order to rewrite their wrongs and realize their dreams. I believe that everyone needs hope and rain brings hope.