The Ultimate Purpose For All Humans

Christina - Cleveland, Ohio

The Ultimate Purpose for all humans

The way that we conduct our lives today is not the same as it was 50 or 60 years ago. We say that each year the world gets a little better; whether we’re talking about technology or accepting the many different lifestyles there are today; I just don’t feel that way. The morality in people seems to be declining. You can go your whole life having sex with as many people as you want without being married and you’ll be accepted. Granted everyone may not get married but the body is a temple and shouldn’t go through life just having sex with anyone; sex is supposed to be the most personal thing between a man and a woman but is constantly taken for granted. A lot of people go around saying that they believe in God especially when something is going wrong in their lives. So how can they go around having sex with people with no intentions of marriage whatsoever? I believe that everyone is put on this earth to ultimately get married, contrary to everyone’s actions we all do want that one person in our lives that makes us complete.

At a family get together, when I was about 12 yrs old, my father and my aunt got into a heated debate about to different ideas. My father is married with 2 kids and my aunt is a divorcee with 1 child; both of which are Christians. Well my aunt was talking to me and a couple of my cousins telling us that it’s okay if you don’t want to get married but want to have kids. My father apparently overheard the conversation and wasted no time to voice his disapproval. He went on to say that first and foremost in the bible it says to wait and have sex until you’re married so how is it okay to not get married but have kids and you’re a Christian. Although I was only 12 yrs old I understood everything that was going on and had already made the decision to become a Christian for myself. And from that day on out I understand the ultimate purpose for all humans; it’s not just about going to school and getting a degree or doing something really great that makes it to a history textbook; but getting married and having beautiful kids that will carry your legacy holds just as much importance.

Many people may share this belief and it is indeed in the bible but it is so dear to me because I dream to have a family that needs me and loves me, while I’m making them happy as well as fulfilling the word of God.

“There is no greater bond than between a man and a woman in marriage”.