What is good for the soul?

Aryn - Bowling Green, Ohio

It’s that feeling deep down inside you. You cannot stop it from showing. It is a smile from ear to ear, but that is just where it starts. Before you know it your nose is crinkled and wrinkled. Your eyes light up like a little kid on Christmas morning. It is that feeling of joy and fellowship as you lie on the ground rolling around with uncontrollable laughter. Laughter is what brings everyone together.

While I’m with my friends all we do is laugh. My memories of good times with friends are the times when we can’t do anything but laugh. Sometimes it is about the most foolish things that only we can understand. It is a time when we can be together and have fun. Laughing is what brings us together; it is a contagious feeling of happiness when you can be so carefree with the people you have surrounded yourself with. I value my friendships because they are what keep you laughing.

Laughing can strike you at all hours of the day. One of my fondest memories is with my best friends on a warm summer day. It was one of the worst days I’d had in a long time. While sitting by the pool, all it took was someone falling off the ladder for me to burst into tears from laughing so hard. I have never laughed so hard in my life; maybe it was just being with my friends that love and care about me but more so the connections we made through laughing. Either way it made my day.

Laughing is not just physical but emotional too. It is that feeling deep down in your soul that brightens your entire day. It is what helps you get through bad days and strengthen friendships. It can change your whole demeanor; laughter helps you. A frown does not only make your face long but it takes more work to do so. It makes you and the people around you sad also. A smile on the other hand is what everyone needs. It will always heighten your spirits and make you and everyone just feel good to be around you.

I believe without a good laugh everyday life could not go on for me. It is something that has to happen so I can complete my day. It’s the best medicine for me and it will fix any problem I have. It is the glue that holds my friendships together through it all. Without feeling the warmth of a good chuckle all over my body life would be incomplete.