I Believe in Color

Rachele - Bowling Green, Ohio

Color surrounds our everyday life and enhances the beauty of the world we live in. Tall flowing green grass, pastel blue skies, and gloomy dark clouds are all characteristics that give depth to life. Color is not always enjoyable but should be appreciated with every aspect of its being. Color should not be taken for granted.

A friend once said, “Color represents the mood you are in, but does not necessarily define who you are”. Observing the world around me, and the people in it, I have found that this statement is very meaningful. People wear a bright yellow dress to emphasis the happy personality they are feeling, Dye their hair fire engine red to make a statement. A person may even do something as simple as painting there nails a deep black to enhance the way that they are feeling. These small acts do not just have an effect on the person alone, but have a ripple affect, which is reflected on the other people in this world.

Color has had a major impact on my life also. It reflects the mood I am in and the decisions I make on a day-to-day basis. The outfits I wear and the way I do my hair are all emphasized with the color I am feeling that day. When I go through stressful days I tend to lean towards the darker colors, where as when I am in a good mood I usually choose to wear the brighter colors. Color is a major reflection on my mood.

The statement also goes hand in hand with the world surrounding our individuality. Each area on this planet is unique and full of large meaning. The way we view the color should be treated with a great amount of respect. Look around and be thankful that we don’t live in a place that is plain black and white. Color makes life more interesting and surprising.

The world we live in would not be the same without people, and their choice of color. Take it for the good, bad, pretty, and ugly. Accept what is given to you and do not take it for granted. Some people are not as fortunate to see the different shades of the world. If you could just take a moment out of the day to appreciate your beautiful surroundings I can almost guarantee it will brighten up the world as you see it. Without the beauty of color, our world would not have the same value.