I believe in me

Camila - Cooper City, Florida

I believe in me. I believe that I have potential to do anything I want to do and that no one can tell me otherwise. Still young, there is so much in life I have to experience but the little that I have learned is that I can go anywhere, study anywhere, or even do anything I want to do. Growing up through elementary school, middle school and half way through high school I have always been told I wasn’t “good enough” and when I was younger it would get to me. Now I learned to not care about what potentials others believe I have, but to care about what I believe about my own potential.

The competition, anywhere in life is fierce, so fierce that it has stopped people from challenging themselves and believing that they can succeed and become someone important. Franklin D. Roosevelt once stated “there is nothing to be feared except fear itself” and I believe in those true words of wisdom. I try to follow them in my daily life. If people fear that something bad is going to happen to them and let others invade in their heads with negativity, than it’s going to keep people from progressing. People have a fear of failure which shuts down many great opportunities out there in the world.

It is so easy to feel discouraged in life, but yet so easy to become encouraged. I may not be the best writer, or the best at math, but I believe I still have potential to become a professional in both fields. Why? Because I simply can and I know I have the potential to try and get good at it. With everything comes hard work and once people accept there are always people in life trying to bring them down, they can block their negativity. Because I believe in myself, I believe I have unlimited potential.