Nicole - Sterling, Co, 80751, Colorado

I believe that many people should have their own choices to make and should not rely on other people to make choices for them. Choices are what set us apart from each other and shows how each one of us is unique individuals. We each have different choices that we make. Sometimes the choices we make are the right ones, and sometimes the choices we make are the wrong ones. Sometimes, we get judged by the choices we make, and other times we get judged by our values that we have, but most of all, choices are what set us apart.

We as people know the choices we can make. The choices we make today will determine the outcomes for tomorrow. When making choices, we don’t always see the most possible outcomes. We just go with what our heart desires whether it’s wrong or right. Making the right choice can always get one a long way in life. I see a lot of people today who don’t realize how much they have going for them until it’s too late and they fall into a hole. They think they can’t do certain things, and that they can’t make it in life so they turn to something that won’t let them get anywhere in life such as alcohol or drugs. Then they get addicted to doing these things and give up hope. That’s not a good choice that a lot of people take, and usually its younger people. I think that if younger people would make the right choice more often they would have better lives, and they would be better off to where we wouldn’t have so many problems in this world today such as alcohol abuse or drug use.

However, some people make the right choice by following their heart, and doing what they think is best for them such as going to school, and going to college, and getting a great career that they are great at and happy with. Take me for instance, I am going to college to further my education and get a good career in the veterinary field. I have wanted to follow this dream, and it is my choice to be going to college. I am making the right choice for me, and not going down a wrong path. Either way, the choices define who we are and we usually don’t let other people decide our fate. It’s what makes people themselves as unique individuals.

Beliefs show a part of us that can be explained through our thoughts. We know what we believe and usually nobody can change that. We see things how we see them through our own eyes and nobody can tell us different. That’s the way life is in many places and in different countries. One may have beliefs that nobody else has in a different country. It shows that not all of us think alike or believe the same things. We may think one thing but realize another. Such as the war that’s going on. We may think that this war is not necessary anymore and that it needs to be resolved and put to an end, but then sometimes we realize that this war is something that needs to keep going because we were attacked, and a solution needs to become of what happened. So basically, our beliefs are what set apart from other people around the world.

So in all, I believe that everybody should have the right to their own choices and beliefs. We know what we feel and usually are strongly opinionated about it. We see things through our own eyes and we don’t let other people tell us no different. We make choices everyday of our lives and sometimes we don’t even realize it. Choices can be good, or they can be bad. Hopefully mostly everybody chooses the right choice to make in their lifetime.