Faith, Hope, and Love

Shanni - Iliff, Colorado

I believe that faith, hope, and love will carry me to places I’ve always wanted to go. Faith brings me closer to God and the things I hope to see as I get older. The word “hope” reminds me of the possessions and accomplishments I have wished for ever since I was little. Love is the most powerful word out of the three words. It has the power to make anyone the happiest person in the world, and it has the power to break hearts. These words have great meanings, and without them, life would be pointless. Every person has the power to live his/her life with faith, hope, and love, but he/she has to take the chance to understand what those words mean.

I have faith that one day I will be able to see my brother again. He was brought here by God, and taken away for a reason I still can’t understand by the same God. The question “why?” has always gone through my head. Why didn’t he get the chance to make a difference in this world, not only to himself, but to others? I’m told that one day I will have the chance to see all those who have left this world, but who is to know for sure? I have faith that I will be able to see him and all the others who have left my life. My faith is strong because of the people I have who support me and because it is something that I want and believe in more than anything else. Faith never dies.

As I grow older, I have realized that the only hope I have felt was, “I hope I get something amazing for my birthday!” Now that I’m older, I understand that hope is a strong feeling or want. I have just entered my first year in college, and currently I am starting to realize what I need to accomplish. The most important thing to me is to be successful. As of now, success is something I hope for. I know what I need to do to accomplish my goals, but accomplishing it all just seems too easy. I have to be ready for the obstacles that will come in my way while I am striving to accomplish my goals. Hoping that whatever gets in my way I will be ready to take on and become a stronger person.

Love is what gets me through the day. The love for somebody or something I do daily makes me who I am. If you are not willing to love, nobody will love you back. Love is the most important essential anybody can have. There are many things that a person can love. For some it may be a sport and for others it may be music. Life without love is no life at all. Love can be explained in many ways, it is up to you to decide what you love and how it affects your life.

These three words are vital in every person’s life. Without them, there is only hate and anger. To have the power to kill or hurt somebody without the least amount of regret or sadness shows what some believe is right. Every person, including me, has had to deal with anger and not wanting to believe in faith, hope, and love. Having the ability to believe in faith, hope, and love will get me far in life. It will bring me closer to people and lifelong goals. Every day is a new day to start over; taking the chance to have faith, hope, and love involved in my life will make me a happier stronger person.