The Power of Love

Heather - Flossmoor, Illinois
Themes: love

Have you ever loved anyone so much you thought that you would die without them? Love can change so many things in life. Many people may base their future on their love for someone. Choosing to do something to benefit your loved one can change your life. This love that I feel is stronger than anything else that I have felt in my whole life.

I met my boyfriend when I was 15 we have now been going out for two years. Many people say that what we have is not real love, but just a high school romance; these people do not know the whole story. I have become a better person since I have met him. I have always had a very bad relationship with my parents’. I would even say that I do not love them like I should. Before my boyfriend and I were going out I had a lot of problems. I was really depressed and my life was not where it should have been. Now almost everything is great. My parents are still making my life miserable. Now I can avoid them by spending lots of time with my boyfriend’s family.

Things didn’t really change until after December 12th 2006. I was hospitalized because of things related to my depression. This made my boyfriend realize that he wanted me in his life for a long time. Ever since then I have been a completely different person. My boyfriend and I used to spend every second that we could together. I always want to be around him. He is the one who takes me out of the horrible life that I have at home. I try to get as far away from my house as I can. His family has always treated my like I was a part of their family. I get treated better by his family than I do my own.

I have heard stories of love changing peoples lives. Love can do so many great things. It can make people so happy. I would describe this as overpowering. You can talk to people who are truly in love. They can tell you all the great stories that they have and had with the person that they love. These stories will be filled with many great, happy moments that you will want to be able to share with someone.

The love that we have has overpowered my depression and my hate for the world. His love for me has made me the person that I am today. I do not know where I would be right now if it was not for him. People say that we are too young to be in love but they don’t understand everything that we have gone through to get to this point. My friends even say, “You guys fight like an old married couple.” I know that we do.