Human Nature

Michael - Hazel Crest, Illinois

Human Nature

I believe that violence and corruption is a part of human nature that will and could never change. Many people are killed or injured badly everyday. People are stolen from and looked down upon at all times. Although it can be reduced to a minimum and can never fully be removed due to the fact that is in a part of life.

Not all human beings can live in peace with each other because of competition, jealousy and various other reasons. On often occasions you will find people dying over arguments or words alone. People have no self control and always have to take action if they have disagreements. Many people kill just because of jealousy. One person may have it very good but another may be poor and jealous of that person. Therefore they put it in their power to take that person’s life. This is not something that can be cured or that can be fixed. You cannot change the mindset of millions of people. The reason that this exists is simply because it is in human nature and it cannot be changed. In the right situation we are all capable of the most terrible crimes. We may say that we would never do something in our lifetimes, but something so mind changing such as a death by murder to a close family member or friend would completely change the way we looked at things. Our old thoughts would be replaced with new ones of revenge. I once tried to imagine a world without violence. I imagined a world where every crisis did not result in a new atrocity. In this image war and violence no longer existed in newspapers. Afterwards I came to the conclusion that this would be to imagine a world where human beings ceased to be human.

I do not believe that most killers are psychotic as most people say they are. They say these things because they simply aren’t the same as they are. I think most killers are just stained with the misfortunes of their past therefore they find a way to take it out or sooth it in different ways. The same thing goes for those who consider suicide. They all have different ways of dealing with their calamities whether it be to take a life being their own or someone else’s. Regardless, they are just reinforcing my belief that this is human nature and if I am wrong I am waiting to see it stop.