I believe in the power of saying

frank - york, Maine

This I believe…

I believe the power to say “no” is something all people have the right to practice. In order to have the strength and willpower to say “no”, you need many things. You need good family and or friend support, someone to fall back on. You need good support and a clean clear conscience. In the United States there is a huge problem with underage drinking, it is one of the hardest things to overcome for any aged drinker or immature drinker. The inner strength and control of saying “no” is something people can do if they possess the willpower. There was once a boy I knew who drank until he couldn’t even say his name, this in some ways maybe scared me out of drinking. Sometimes people don’t realize or understand how real alcohol is. He didn’t have the power to say “no”, it got to the point that he couldn’t say “no” and needed so called friends to step in. I Believe that the power to say no does not come from God or some higher power like in so many religions say, I feel that the power to say “no” comes from who you are and were you want to be in life. If you like the feeling of being drunk to the point that you can’t even say your name I can’t change your mind but it is definitely something that you can do, say no it can get out of the situation. It takes a lot of self respect and skill to block out all of the peer pressure that comes from your friends and your peers. By saying “no” you can make life long changes that can be for the better or worse, depending on your look on situations. Some people chose to say “no” to fast food, this is a healthy choice. Many people say “no” to meat and become vegans or vegetarians. Most of the time people say “no” to fast food altogether. All of these ways to say “no” can affect your life in a huge way. Try it some time, say “no” and see what happens.