Should I Save Her?

Victoria - New Hampton, New Hampshire

Everyone has the choice to make their own decisions, some choose to use that power and some choose to ignore it. I for one have learned to always take advantage of it. In every situation whether it be to turn on the TV, or starting to smoke cigarettes, we have the decision to do so.

In my life, I have been around many wrong things, for example, smoking, drinking, skipping class, all these activities which would affect me and possibly my friends and family in some way.

Just because a large, important decision isn’t needed for everything, in a way, each decision you make can and will affect your life. Deciding whether to go to the store with your mother to help her with the groceries isn’t the biggest thing you will have to worry about in life, but for the time being, would affect your mother if you did decide not to go with her. This decision isn’t the most life threatening decision you will have to make in life, but there are ones that you will eventually have to make a decision about.

On the other hand, you have big, life threatening decisions you will have to make. What if you are at a party and your friend collapses on the ground because she or he just got alcohol poisoning? I never thought something like this would happen to me, but it did. One night at a party back in Montreal, things got a little out of hand. One of my friends had a little bit too much to drink and eventually collapsed. No one around me had the slightest idea of what to do. It wasn’t what we intended to happen, it was originally just suppose to be a fun get together, until people made the decision to bring alcohol. Not knowing what to do, everyone began to panic, we had to make a decision to either let her stay like that on the ground and see if she got better, or if we should call her parents and notify them that their daughter had been drinking. We in the end had to call her parents, although it wasn’t the decision we wanted to make, for her sake and for ours as well, it was the decision we needed to make. When her parents got their they took her to the hospital and later informed us that she had alcohol poisoning and that if we hadn’t made the right choice to call them that she could have gotten much worse and maybe not even been able to make it to the hospital.

As you can see, in life there are decisions you will want to make, but there are decisions you will also hesitate to make. But, the one thing you will always know is that no one other than yourself can make that certain decision for you. Sure, they can influence you, but the final decision will always come down to you, and that is the most powerful thing.