Samuel - Miami, Florida

Life is the most beautiful gift ever received. Life is a constantly challenge, normally when we are afraid we ought not to occupy ourselves with endeavoring to prove that there is no danger, to prove that there is nothing impossible for us. We can’t allow that our fears hold us from pursuing our dreams, instead we have to let our courage lead us in the direction of our fears; it is the only way to succeed in every phase of our lives.

I do believe in courage. When I was 18, I just had finished high school, because my grades were low I couldn’t get in to the public university, so to get superior studies I had to go to the private universities and pay for it. My parents weren’t able to pay for a private university for me; I was like in the middle of nowhere. Confused, lost, but never defeated at the same time my father had left my mom, and my brothers and I could not believe what was happening to us but it was happening indeed.

My mom didn’t get superior studies; I think she only got up to elementary school. She never had any chance to get a good job and instead she had to work hard washing clothes for other people even for her family. I saw my mother crying many nights, she never knew that I saw her crying. I never saw her doing any complain even in ther hardest moments.

There were many nights that we got in the bed without eat dinner. My oldest brother gave her some support; he had to work being a young man to help us with studies and food, I remember my brother being a kind of hope for me and my brothers. I remember him bringing food for us everynight after work. Those moments will stay in my mind as the most inspiration moments of my life.

My mother was like a super hero for me, like a huge inspiration for me because even when we had the worst situation she never gave up, she believed in hers dreams and turned fear into courage to help us reach our dreams.

My whole life has taught me a lot about making things happen on my own. My past experiences and audacity helped me face my fears and turn them into courage. This has been the key to keeping me going forward.

I’m a grown man and for me “nothing is impossible”. Just follow your dreams, keep on believing and most importantly never give up.

The word “believe” may look like a simple word, but it’s far more complicated than that. The word “believe” is something deeper, it’s something real, almost touchable. I believe in courage and I also think that believing requires courage. No matter how hard the situation is we should always keep fighting and never give up.

I have an incredible family, I am professional in the Marketing area. Now I can thank my mother for developing in me courage, and give me the power of see every bad situation in our live in an positive way .

I want to make you reflect on this thought, How has Albert Einstein, Simon Bolivar, John Lennon and Bill Gates reached success in their lives? Well, they have been successful because they’ve turned their fears into courage.