Friends Should Be There!

Courtney - Cape Carteret, North Carolina

I believe that friends should help friends through hard times. I remember when my grandpa died. All my friends were there for me. They helped me and tried to cheer me up as much as possible. They were always there and talking to me and telling me that he is in a better place and he’s not suffering anymore. When friends are having a hard time it’s never okay to just leave them alone and say “oh yea they’ll just get over it.” You have to be there for them and help them. One of my best friend’s moms died a few months ago and I was there for him and I was at the funeral and everything even though I had only met her once. He was happy to see a lot of his friends there and I am proud to say that I am one of them.

I believe friends should have each others backs. Friends are pretty much my life and I would do just about anything for my friends and I’m sure they’d do the same for me. Well at least I hope they have my back. I talk to my friends all the time and will always do what I can to talk to them. I love to just hangout with them and just be there with them. I have a pledge that I wrote to my friends. When you have a friends you should be able to act yourself and not pretend to be something that your not. Real friends will accept you for who you are.

There is just one other thing that I want to say. Be there for all your friends and don’t be a bad friend and just have their back.

That was all that I have to say about friends and being a good one. I know how to be a good friend and I know how my friends should treat me and what they should do for me if they are good friends. It’s kind of obvious if someone is a bad friend. You can tell by the way that they act around you are if they talk about you to other people behind your back. Okay well I’m going to stop talking now!