Trying Something New…Not Me

Kelli - Newport, North Carolina
Themes: sports

I believe that softball is the best sport ever. It is a really enjoyable sport to play and very fun. It is not that hard, and there is not much running involved unless you’re up to bat, which can be very nerve-wracking at times but then after a awhile, you just want to hit at the ball with all you have got.

At first, when I thought about playing softball, I could never imagine me actually playing a sport because I really don’t see myself as a girlier than anything. I actually liked it though and I’m so glad that I joined the team. I believe that anyone who wants to try something new should definitely try and play softball just to see if u like it, but if you do not like it, then there are always other sports that are fun to play

My first experience with softball was two years ago when I decided that I wanted to learn how to play softball because I have always wanted to learn and know how, and know how, and it also seemed very interesting to me whenever I would see my other friends playing softball. The main reason why i decided to play was because of my friend who was interested and decided to try out. We both wanted to be on each other’s team but that didn’t, which it ended up that did not happen.

I still stayed positive and hoped that I would know someone on my team and the also I would make new friends if I didn’t if It did not, which it ended up that way, which I think was worth it, and I was very happy to have made new friends. My coach was very patient with me when I could not figure something out or had trouble with learning how to do a new action.

My favorite thing to do was the pitching machine. It is were you stand at the batters plate and the coach drops a ball onto a spinning wheel that can spin really fast and then you have to hit it once he drops it. Its really challenging at first, but then after a while, and once you get used to it, it is the most fun thing to do at practice. I hope to go far in softball and make new friends along the way. I believe that softball is the best sport ever.