Daniella - Marietta, Georgia
Themes: death

My friend Paris and I always share our doubts, problems, and accomplishments. One day in the tenth grade, as we were walking to our third period class, she and I began one of our traditional talks; we spilled the beans about everything and anything. Paris began to tell me about her homesickness for Iran; I told her it was a common phase of hers, and she would soon be over it. We moved on to a topic we tend to often talk about indirectly: life. “What is the purpose of life?” she asked in a tone of disappointment.” I stopped right in the middle of the hallway to process her question.

“Honestly, I don’t know,” I began, “but I think life is a gift which you are given, so most importantly its purpose is to be used and enjoyed. But your life in particular may have a meaning you may never know. If you don’t discover its meaning, you must know that your life affects the World and its people in one way or another.”

I believe that life needs to be appreciated, and each moment should be made one that will always be remembered. We need to take advantage of what we are given; for everyone on Earth, that is life. Though everyone may not be rich or poor, fat or starving, dumb or smart, everyone is given a chance. Though we may not all have everything we want, we must not take for granted that which we do have. In some aspects of life, there are “do-overs;” life itself, however, cannot be done over. Live life without doubt.

The very last week of my 2008 summer vacation, my fellow classmate Aaron was in a tragic car accident, and sadly lost his life. This event had a major impact on the Walton High School community: students, teachers, and parents. The end of a life may come at anytime, and because it is unknown when it will occur, every moment should be lived as your last. Though he was quiet he was known and will always be remembered. Aaron was a respectable boy who always did well in school and with friends. Aaron’s death was unexpected. No one, not even he, had seen it coming.

Did he know his life’s purpose? Does anyone know what his life’s purpose was? I do. His life was lived, and he was the reason I established my belief.