Life of Your Dreams and Hopes

Derrick - Newport, North Carolina

I believe if you set goals, have high confidences, and dream big your dreams and wishes come true. Just follow your heart and believe in what you do and you will never fail, but always succeed.

People in my life think I could be famous if I have my heart set right and never stop believing, dreams do come true. I had coaches tell me that I can be a big star if I work hard and put everything into my school work and my sports. When I get older my dreams are to be able to get into, college to run track, to play football, and then one day to be able to run track in the Olympics for the USA or maybe even get drafted into the NFL.

I remember one day my dad found this book that I made in 7th grade. He called me into his room and said, “Derrick, did you write this book?” I told him “yeah” and I asked “Why?” He said jokingly, “ok, when you get famous and you don’t share any of the money you make with me, I’m going to show everyone how stupid you were in the 7th grade” That’s when we first started learning grammar, and I wasn’t really good at it. I started laughing and told him “Okay.”

But people shouldn’t put other people down, just because other people aren’t really good at it. Don’t hold them down but hold them up. I believe that dreams are a main reason for living. Everyone hopes; everyone believes. One NFL star that inspires me is Champ Bailey. He was skinny when he played football in high school and college, but he worked hard at his school work and kept lifting weights; he kept his goals in his heart and stuck with them. He made it through high school and college and got drafted into the NFL to the Denver Broncos, as the starting Defensive back, but you know what? He made it because he set goals and had a dream. Dream big; let everyone know what your dreams are. You can make a change. Martin Luther King had a dream and his dream changed the world, because if you dream you can make a change.