Selam - Houston, Texas

In my daily life there is something that forces me to care, to love and to have good feeling about people. The force is my faith Christianity. I learned form my family and my religion. I go to Ethiopian Orthodox Church. Which believe based on Jess Chris and called Orthodox tewahedo.This church is the base of everything in my life, because this is the place which thought me to be strong, careful, peaceful, happy, and to be full of love. Everyday, I learn that whatever people done to me, I always have to be positive, weather it’s bad or good.

There is something I want it to share. The thing happened, before I came to U.S. two years ago. I was in my country which called Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. I had two best friend named by Sara and Hanna. I was watching TV, when may best friends start fighting. They fought because Sara thought Hanna talked bad things about her for other people. They couldn’t agree because Sara said “you did” and Hanna “said I didn’t.” then Sara said bad things to her, and then Hanna started to cry. So it was hard to stop them, because they couldn’t control their temper.

I stopped them and made them to sit down so we can talk about what’s going on. I told them that they shouldn’t had done this and told them about my faith. “God show us love and peace even if we do bad things to him.” Also “MEN GEZAM BEUON LSEW LEGE TERU ENGE METEFO ATADRGE.” Which means “Always do good things whatever the person done to you, weather it’s good or bad?” After long discussion they agree. So my faith saves my friends relationship which makes me to be proud of my faith every time.

I saw how my faith worked in this kind of situation. It made me to have strong belief on my faith and made me to have relationship with God more than anything. After all I become a better person. Also I understood there is nothing more than saving your best friends relationship.