Life is Eternal

Jennifer - Houston, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

I have a belief, that the life given us by nature is short, but the memory of life well spent is eternal. I got five uncles that drink, don’t have jobs; they take advantage of their family, and don’t know about what they want to do in life.

I remember there was this time where my mom was throughing this party. She had invited my uncles and some of her friends. As the party went on, I was in the other room when I heard this commotion. I opened the door and I saw one of my uncles grabbing a chair while my other uncle was saying, “what are you doing put the chair down.” I stood there frozen I didn’t know what to do. Luckily my mom came in and took the chair away form my uncle and told them to leave. My mom stood there like nothing happened. I looked at her and got mad, I went up to her and said, “I told you this was going to happen, why did you bring them?” As usual my mom didn’t care and walked away. I was so mad; I couldn’t believe that she didn’t listen to me knowing that this was going to happen. I always hated the way my uncles dranked and start to fight. They don’t even know how they are messing up their life. They could do so much if they open their eyes.

I know there are people out there that take advantage of that fact. Some people don’t know that you have one life, you mess it up and there’s no going back. You should cherish your life, because a life well spent is eternal.