I Can Run

Eddieberto - Eleva, Wisconsin

Wind gushing out of my lungs my heart is beating faster and faster my legs a full of adrenalin running threw them, my blood rushing true my body I have lost control of what I am doing and where I am. In this moment I am simply a runner and it doesn’t mater if I am last or first it only maters that I am running.

When I was a little kid I always wanted to stand out to be good at something anything, there wasn’t a single thing I was good at! Every single time I tried something I was terrible at or land on my face and fail miserably. One example is when I tried playing soccer as a little kid but I was never able to understand what I was doing I was constantly lost, running to the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn’t even coordinated at kicking the ball or dribbling it or anything.

Then one day I felt like running for no reason at all I just wanted to run. That day didn’t change my life completely but the running made me different and unique In some odd strange way, as time went by I ran more and more.

One day in school they announced that there were track try outs after school so I showed up. As it turned out I was pretty good at ruing I even made the team I was surprised. That year I ran the 400, 800, and even the 4 by 4. The 400 became my favorite. Every year I ran the 400 I loved to do that race even if I was dead last I always wanted to beat my previous time. Then one day I noticed that I loved to run. So I set a goal for myself to beat my school 400m record before I graduated. And every day I practice so one day I can beat that time, and I always say to myself every day “The true failure isn’t failure but to not have tried” which makes me try more when I don’t reach my goal.