A Thing Called Love

Alyssa - alpharetta, Georgia
Themes: love

A Thing Called Love

Love can bloom like a flower at any time in a person’s life. Love can come fast, slow, at first sight or after being just “friends”. I believe a person can fall in love at first sight. Love at first sight is when two people see each other and they just know something is there that is connecting them. It can be a powerful feeling. I have not personally experienced it, but I know it exists. When couples tell stories of how they met, they usually start off with, “ Well when I first saw him..”. I sometimes wish I had a story that went like that, but I have my own love story.

My boyfriend and I went to high school for four years together. We never talked to each other until the last month of our senior year. We both knew of the other, but we never thought we would end up together. We were opposites. I was the girl who never went out just to get drunk or do stupid things. I am not saying my boyfriend was stupid , but when guys are with other guys they can get a little crazy and do not think about the consequences of what they are doing at the time. He was the football player who always partied and had the crazy friends. I had crazy friends too, I just never participated in any of the wild activities other high schoolers do. My experience has made me believe that opposites really do attract. I know we are always told this, but now I have experienced it, and I really believe it. We ended up going to the same college and now we are in love and could never picture ourselves without each other.

I believe love can happen at any point in a relationship. People always say that you cannot love someone after only being together for a month, but if you are always around a certain person you can fall for them. Love has more than one definition. There are so many words that can describe love: heartaches, passion, and togetherness. These words vary from person to person. When I think of love I think of trust, happiness and going crazy when you are not with that special someone.

Love, is not always picture perfect though. We tend to start to believe that every relationship is supposed to be like the ones shown on movies or T.V. A lot of the things we see on T.V. are made up. There is the occasional “based on a true story” thing, but T.V. was made for entertainment, not life lessons. As much as we want to have that picture perfect relationship, it is not likely that it will happen. I believe we create our own love stories. If you truly want to have a picture perfect relationship and get that dramatic Notebook kiss, then do everything you can possibly do and love your soul mate unconditionally. True love exists, though it may be found in the unexpected places.