The Spirit of Aggieland

Kyle - San Antonio, Texas

The Spirit of Aggieland

I believe that there is a place more special than any other. It is Texas A&M University, a place that I would like to attend and be a part of in the years to come. “The Spirit of Aggieland” refers to the unique sense of family and community at Texas A&M. “The Spirit of Aggieland” also refers to a line in the school’s alma mater, which says “the spirit can ne’er be told.” It has often been said that “From the outside looking in, you can’t understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it.”

It has been a dream of mine of attending Texas A&M University ever since the seventh grade. My aunt and uncle, who are former alumns, gave my family and me a tour of the A&M campus. It was then that I knew that Aggieland was where I belonged. Texas A&M is known for its rich traditions, academic excellence, friendly atmosphere, and school unity, all of which I want to experience some day. My sister is currently attending A&M and is enjoying being apart of the Aggie Family.

I believe in the home of the Twelfth man, Reveille, and the Junction Boys. The Midnight Yell Practices the night before games and Maroon Outs. “We’ve got to fight! We’ve got to fight for Maroon and White!” I believe that it is quotes like this from the alma mater that show the true meaning of being an Aggie.

I believe that there is a place more extraordinary than any other. I believe that Texas A&M University is that place. The traditions, academic excellence, and school unity are what make the little town of College Station, Texas, on the Brazos such an amazing place to go to school. I believe that “The Spirit of Aggieland” lives through me now and will live through me the rest of my life. I believe that I bleed maroon.