i believe in laughing

scott - USA

I believe in laughing. When things are getting too hard sometimes you cannot help but laugh. The ability laugh is something that everyone is born with and no one can take away. To me there are two different kinds of problems; the ones that drive you crazy in a bad way and the ones that drive you crazy in a good way, and I think you can make them all the good way. Last year when almost all of my friends decided that they had better people to spend time with and my girl friend turned out to have been cheating for months. I had never felt so alone. Everything I thought I knew about the people around me was wrong. The two choices I had were to sit down and feel sorry for myself or just shake my head and laugh. After about eight months of wondering what I had done wrong the humor of the situation hit me. I decided to look at the whole thing and it sounded like a teen sitcom, that it’s best to ignore the cliché plot and just look for the humor. I was going to college soon so I really did not need to get upset. They were not going to follow me there. It was a crazy way to look at it but afterwards I laughed at how upset I got. When I look back I really over reacted to issues that seem small. If you cannot laugh you only get angry and hateful it does not do any good to anyone. I like look at the things I do not like for what they are, which is almost nothing. The world is a huge place with so much to see and learn when people think they have everything figured out and are hugely important it seems to me the only person who is fooled is themselves. I feel like a person can do themselves and others a lot of good by not taking themselves too seriously. When you laugh at yourself it makes it okay for others to laugh with you which is how you can make some of the best friends you can have. I really feel like if you just look at the funny side of things you can make any situation good.