I Believe Education is Key

Ashley - Dayton

Studies show that 80% of students enroll in either a 4-year college or a 2- year community college after receiving their high school degree. But there were 37 students from West Carrollton High School who did not graduate with a high school degree. Who’s to say without an education you won’t become a high paying employee? I believe that education is key, the key to success, and the key to a better future. I believe without any education you can’t be the best you can be.

My father graduated with a bachelor degree in Journalism from Ohio University, and is now an administrator at a career center in Dayton. My mother is an accountant for a family business, and didn’t attend college but has a high school degree. Even though my mother did not attend college, she still ended up with a very steady financial job. My grandmother is also a great example that education is key. She told me before I left for college that her goal when she had three kids was to get them all through college, and she did and they all three are very successful. My aunt is an elementary school teacher for one of the biggest schools in Cincinnati, OH, and my uncle is a engineer at Wright Pat Air Force, and my father has been a successful administrator for eight years. It goes to show that college almost always promises success.

Not many people become high paying employees without a college degree but some people do get lucky. In my family I was always taught that college is the best thing in life you can do, but in some families a high school education is a goal.

Whether it’s high school or college I feel like any part of education is key. Some families preach different believes but from experience with any education knowledge you are promised to have a steady financial life and a better future.