High School Sweet hearts…goodbye

Amanda - Trinity, NC, North Carolina
Themes: love, setbacks

Lately, I have been thinking about my life and my high school days. The only thing I could recall was my high school sweetheart of all four year. As I look back on the four years I wonder why I was so naïve and dumb. I was in love way over my head and I thought at the time he was the one I would spent my whole life with. As my senior year came around I realized something was right, my prefect little world was crashing down all around me. I realized something was not right with Camron, by the time I found out he was on cocaine it was too late for me to try to stop him, he became really mean a verbal. That is when I realized I was better than that so I decided to go to college out of North Carolina. At the time I did not think I would actually go, but then things just got worse.

After we graduated I knew the day would come when I would move to Ohio and get over my past and get on with my life. I have such a bright future to be stuck with a loser. No matter how much I loved him or how long he begged I knew I had to do what was right for me and live my life the way I want to, with no distractions.

Here I am a freshman at Bowling Green State University, a good ways from home and Camron, but I know it is better for both of us this way. I never thought he would end up being a loser, every time I think about him I just remember our freshmen year together when we were so innocent and had no intentions of getting mixed up in the wrong crowed.

I sometimes wonder if I will ever find another person who will love me like he did; I believe that if I live my life for me there are many great things for the future. So live your life for you leave when things are not right or you know you can do better.