what i believe

kyle - strongsville, Ohio

This I believe

Beliefs make you who you are and effect how you live life. The biggest belief I have is that you should “always forgive but never forget.” The main reason I believe this is because you should always have a second change but you should never forget why someone did what they did to you. You gain your beliefs by learning from experiences in life.

The event that mostly created this belief happened my sophomore summer. It was the last day of summer and I was about to leave to go to Whip Ledge Park with my friends. At the time, my brother and I were sharing cars, and it was my day to use the car. My brother did not like that plan, and he decided he was going to use the car for the day. He stole my car keys and wallet from me and in retaliation I took his cell phone. My brother then began to chase me and choked me until I passed out. He got his phone back but he still was not done with me. When I started to wake up he came after me again. He began to punch me until I passed out again. When I regained consciousness I threatened to call the police on him and that is exactly what I did. Since I called the cops he was in jail for the night. My brother blamed me for him going to jail and demanded an apology. Although what he did was extremely hurtful and something I can never forget, I was the bigger man and I apologized. Even though it was hard for me I forgave him because he is my brother. My brother and I have grown way past that situation and now are very close. If I didn’t forgive him I would have completely missed out on the relationship we now have.

I think this quote helps tell what I’m talking about “How people treat you is their karma how you react is yours.” It’s saying that the people in your life are going to mess up so you should always forgive but never forget.