This I believe

alisa - springboro, Ohio
Themes: Christianity

When I was younger, my parents took me to a Catholic Church school on Sunday where I would learn about Jesus and then I learned that Jesus died on the cross because Pontius Pilot didn’t like him. To tell you the truth I wanted to learn more why Jesus died and why Punchus Pilot killed him.

One day, I was over playing at a neighbor’s house and my friend Kate and her friend Christie strolled onto the drive way asking us if we wanted to buy a pie. I asked why they were selling these pies and they said that they were raising money so they could go to this camp called Rock Bridge( it is a Young Life camp), they had also asked me if I wanted to go to this camp and plus Campaigners.

One day I was taking a walk and my friend Meg stopped by and asked me if I wanted to go. She ended up picking me up and we went to someone’s house to talk about Jesus and study the Bible. Then I also met one of my other Young Life leaders Erin and she asked me if my grandpa was Abe Lincoln and of course I said no.

A few months later I had gotten up at six o’clock to go to Rock Bridge. A few hours later, the Springboro Young Life had finally made it to Rock Bridge. Through the whole week I had really learned more about Jesus and I finally learned that Jesus died for our sins. Ever since Rock Bridge I have been attending Young Life and even this past summer I went back to Rock Bridge.

I have been attending any Young Life activity that they have had. Now since then my parents have been paying contributions for this activity and realized how much Young Life has changed my life. I also am still friends with Christie, my leader and all the other Young Life attendees and I also eat with my friend Kate and some of her friends.

I also noticed some of the other changes that have occurred. I became less judgmental about people and I stayed away from the ones that caused problems to me earlier in my high school career. Also through Young Life I had made a lot of friends who have the same interest as I do. No more was I sitting alone at lunch and now I sat with Kate and some of her friends.

This year as a freshman in college I am training to be a Young Life leader, so that I can help someone that doesn’t know Jesus very well. That person that learns about Jesus can learn more about him and spread the gospel to his or her friends. Also with me being a leader I can really make an impact to other people’s life and they will recognize you for that. They also know that they end up growing up with a long term relationship with me or with any other leader.