I belive in being yourself

Daivin - Delaware, Ohio

It is always good to believe in yourself, and always have faith to work to the best of your ability, that is why I believe in determination and working hard for the things you want in life. One of the things I would take for granted in life is the things that you work extremely hard for. As a child when I grew up, I never really thought about how much I should value a new toy or gift I received for Christmas or a birthday. I never really considered how hard my parents might have worked to get me that new bike or game system. These days’ people have to work two or more jobs to get the things they want and need. It is really hard to do that these days without having a strong work ethic, and determination.

I would describe determination as having the strength or will power to do a task. Without determination, it would almost be impossible to accomplish goals you have set yourself to achieve. One of my goals a few years back was to buy a car. After I realized that my parents were not going to pay for my entire car, I saw that I was going to have to work towards it as well. Once I started working two jobs over the summer, it made me really know that I was going to value the car after I get it. This same situation goes back to setting goals. Everyone in the world has a goal at one point or another in their life. When you set goals, at first you never think about how you will achieve them. After a while you see the complications and struggles you may face to reach and achieve your goal. You really have to believe in yourself, have faith, and be determined to reach your set goal. While working those two jobs over the summer, being only sixteen, I was missing out on my summer, hanging out with friends, and vacations. I constantly had to set my mind toward my goal so that I could achieve it. Once you finally achieve your goal, deep down you have this constant good feeling inside to know that you have accomplished something you worked hard for.

If many people in the world today did not have a determination and a strong work ethic, I think that no one would achieve their goals. Once you work hard for something, you will value it more because you put your “blood and sweat” into getting it. I believe that I value my car more than anything I own now just because of how hard I worked for it. That is why I believe in determination, and working hard for the things you want in life.