I don’t believe

Scott - San Antonio, Texas

I Don’t Believe

Almost everyone believes in something; religion, science or just crazy things they learn from their hamster. The only problem with these beliefs is that they aren’t really worth believing in. In face, nothing is.

Nothing is worth believing in because there’s no point to it. No matter what you believe in, it will let you down at some point in your life. When something horrible happens to religious people the think, “Why did God let this happen to me?” They justify it claiming, “It was God’s will.”

When a dad runs off with a woman he’s having an affair with, leaving two kids and a working mom is that “God’s will?” If God was worth believing in, if God has ultimate power, why does he allow peoples’ spirits to get crushed, why does he allow people to get scared for lives because of someone else’s sins?

I don’t believe in existence because nothing can be proven. Any kind of ground breaking discovery has been a theory. The atom is a theory. Even the center of the earth is a theory.

If there was such a thing as a fact in the realm of science or existence, there would be no need for philosophy. If existence could be proven beyond, ,”I think therefore I am,” all social issues would be resolved.

I don’t believe because there is no such thing as a true belief. Everyone changes their beliefs throughout their lives. When someone says they have a “belief” it was usually given to them, which means it isn’t their belief, it’s someone else’s. It isn’t something they believe it’s something they’ve been told to believe, and even if you do find a belief that you think is original, the first thing you try to do is get others to believe it as well. This looses the meaning of the belief, it’s no longer your. It’s a belief that is changed and distorted till no one knows the true meaning anymore. It’s distorted to the point were even if someone found out the true meaning of it, that no one would believe them.

If there truly was a true belief everyone would unite under it, and people wouldn’t leave their families at eight-teen to kill other people, not because they believe they should, but because they believe they need to prove themselves. For all these reasons, I don’t believe.