A Purpose driven

crystal - 71901, Arkansas

Though we are created with a purpose, some may never find life’s deeper meaning or their calling which is innately.

Some people go through life not knowing what to do as if there’s no meaning to life. Is life meaningless? Is there something special we’re supposed to do while our time on earth ticks away? I am not sure what my life will bring, but I know I’m not on this earth just so I can live and die. I was taught at a young age and have grown to believe that my life’s purpose is to serve my lord Jesus Christ with all my heart. Some people might wonder why a sixteen year old girl thinks she has life figured out and heading the right direction but I think I’ve finally just put my faith in someone.

When in think about my life’s purpose it always brings me back to the existence of god. What if god isn’t real? This is a question that runs through every humans mind at one point. What if god didn’t create the heavens and all the earth, and what if there is another religion or deity I’m supposed to believe in. I can remember on a few different occasions myself asking my youth pastor questions that would make you think I was atheist. I asked him “how do you know if Gods real” “you got to believe” he said then I asked him “What if he didn’t create the world and if he did who created him?” Again you’ve got to believe. I never really got the answer I wanted. I wanted a definite answer that left no if’s and butts. If god isn’t the god of this universe then my life’s purpose is useless. But that’s where faith comes in like my youth pastor said. The bible says it takes faith to move a mountain. That’s the same faith it takes for me to rest my whole life on someone I’ve never seen. For some reason things keep coming up in my life that make question myself and the world.

Like I recently read the novel “The Stranger” by Albert Camus in my English class. The main character, M. Mersault, is a man who is indifferent to the world and everything in it. He has no love or compassion for anything. He doesn’t do anything praise worthy in his life, nor does he believe in god. In the end of the story he comes to a resolution and believes that life is meaningless. I really don’t agree with that because I firmly believe that everyone has a purpose. It also seems to me that somehow I always befriend someone that has absolutely no belief or faith in god. Every so often I’ll find my self trying to witness to that friend but they believe in not believing in god so much that sometimes they start to make me wonder if there right and I am wrong. If you don’t know what you believe in. then it’s hard to live your life morally right and successfully.

I don’t think life is easy, especially if you’re a teenager. So you must push through your battles and conquer over your struggles. My past was pretty difficult and my life is still difficult. A time of no food and shelter and neglect is what I remember. I can remember when I was little my family had no electricity, no hot water or food. One time we had to fill up 2 liter bottles up with water a t a laundry mat so we could have something to drink. I was embarrassed to tell any one about that, and I still am a little. I was separate from my mother at a young age and was forced to live with relatives. Always being punished for no reason led me to think if I should even try in life because it was obvious I wasn’t going anywhere in life. My past made me who I am today. I don’t dwell on it because I know theres something bigger out there for me like my talent for singing. I have and will continue to use my voice for god. This proverb kinda talks touvhes on the struggle of life.

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on water, but to walk on earth

I know some people may think I am crazy but I don’t think I care. You’ve got believe in something. No matter if you believe there is no god or you believe in god. If I don’t belive in anything if i don’t have any standards in life then I have no boundaries no guide. God didn’t just make everything just to make it. Theres a reason for evrything.That’s why I belive that I have a purpose in life.