Talk to Everyone

Hannah - Hudson, North Carolina

I believe that you should talk to everyone, even if it’s someone that you normally wouldn’t talk to. You never know what someone is like, unless you get to know them. I have trouble doing this sometimes because it kind of became a habit for me to not talk to someone because of the way they looked. But, I’m getting better and better at it everyday.

I judged people all the time it seemed like. It was as bad as me looking at someone and just because they did not look a certain way or dress the same way that I did, I wouldn’t talk to them. I never gave anyone a chance. I acted very mean and stuck-up. I thought that if I talked to them, then my friends might see me and think that I was weird or something because of it. So, I just didn’t talk.

What really changed me was sometimes, when I would try to talk to some people, they would just look at me like I’m stupid or something. It kind of made me sad. They didn’t even know what I was like or the kind of person that I was. So, then I started looking at how I acted. I realized that I acted the same way.

I feel really bad for doing that to all of those people because I have realized that it is very rude. I pretty much talk to everyone now. Just because of the way someone appears on the outside, doesn’t have anything to do with the person they are on the inside. You should talk to everyone because you never know what they are going to turn out to be like.

The friends that I hang out with the most now were some of the same people that I would never talk to before because of the way they acted. I finally started talking to them and I figured out that they were really funny and nice. We’re all pretty much best friends now; we never have a dull moment. We just go around and talk to everyone and try to make new friends. It’s really great!

My main point is that if you judge someone, in your head you are going to go by that judgment and not want to talk to them. You should give everyone the same chance. I think that the famous quote by Mother Teresa, “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” is something that you should keep in mind when you are tempted to judge someone. Talk to everyone because you never know, they might become your best friend. Therefore, I believe that you should talk to everyone, even if it’s someone that you normally wouldn’t talk to.