I believe there is a God

Anthony - Granite Falls, North Carolina

I believe there is a God

I’ve always said that I’ve been going to church since nine months before I was born. I’ve gone to a few different churches in my life. But there is one concept I will hold on to. That’s my faith, so I am here to say: I believe there is a God.

I think God can work in the most mysterious ways. I think that the Bible is the direct word of God, and should be taken literally. I take the Bible at its word, and am scared of the wrath of God. But I also think that God is loving and merciful.

When you look at Christianity, most people think that it’s merely believing that Christ is God’s son. It’s, in reality, much more than that. It’s following Christ. A lot of people say that it is all based on faith. They would be correct. In Hebrews 11:3 it says, “3By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.” The Bible says in Hebrews 11:1, “1Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.”

I try to express faith in my life all the time. I make it known that I am a Christian. I do not hold back my belief. I remember one time; I was working in one of my classes. Then a junior came up to me. Supposedly the junior had heard that if there was anyone that would know where something was in the Bible, it would be me. This isn’t necessarily true. But she came up to me and asked me if I knew where something was in the Bible. I have to admit that I had no clue whatsoever. But it made me feel good that the fact that I am strong in my faith got to a junior.

So there you go. If everyone would just make their own decisions, then maybe the world would be more interesting. I will always believe that Jesus is God’s son and died for us. So I say, I BELIEVE THERE IS A GOD!!!!