I believe in freedom from religion.

Jack - San Antonio, Texas

I believe life has no definite, no guaranteed purpose, no ultimate equation of fairness and equality; I am simply another organism existing on this one planet amongst a myriad of known and unknown worlds. My life is simply the duration of my existence as a human being. A baby is born, and dies minutes later from an allergic reaction. A murderer grows old and happy in his suburban home. A seventeen year old girl who has the ability to cure cancer in the future is run down by a car while walking to school. Life is not right, life is not fair; life is just chaos. We are all living beings with free will- we live in chaos with no equation of prediction. That being said there is no assurance of waking up in the morning. So when religion contradicts all that I see and know, why should I believe in it? I believe we should live our lives by our own rules, not by the rules pushed on us by others.

Structure- religion- helps mankind excel, but holds the individual man back. This system confines us to thinking and functioning with a glass ceiling low to our heads. We must not take stem cells and use them to try to cure those dying of horrible diseases at young ages, yet we can kill people of the same ages because god says so. We preach peace and fight wars. We cannot allow gay marriage because a book says so: then I must shoot the sheriff because it’s said in a song.

So reader, you probably wonder when I am going to plead for you to deny the existence of god and start burning your bible. That is not my intent nor is that my belief. I do not believe religion is wrong. I believe religion is wrong for me. I find that religion tears the world apart, and I choose not to involve myself in it. I choose to sit by and watch everyone hate one another. What has the world come to when people spend so much time fighting about what life means that they forget to actually life their lives?

I believe in my right to believe whatever I want. While others dwell on right now, I will look to the future. While others look to changing others, I will look to changing the world. While others look to being the same, I will look to being different. Reader I believe the binds of ignorance should not hold anyone back from living the life they choose; but if you do not agree, I believe in your choice not to.